Friday, October 05, 2007

A note on the outstanding press coverage

I just want to repeat what I said several days ago:
**********************************************************************************

The day-to-day detailed coverage of the Virgin v. Thomas trial by Josh Freed of Associated Press, Eric Bangeman of Ars Technica, and David Kravets of Wired.com, has been absolutely extraordinary.

Josh, Eric, David..... those of who were not able to be at the courthouse during this important event owe you a debt of gratitude.

Thank you.

-R.B.
**********************************************************************************








Keywords: digital copyright online law legal download upload peer to peer p2p file sharing filesharing music movies indie independent label freeculture creative commons pop/rock artists riaa independent mp3 cd favorite songs




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I noticed the statement at the beginning of the Judges instruction "The law demands of you a just verdict, unaffected by
anything except the evidence, your common sense, and the
law as I give it to you."

It is a real shame that more of our peers know absolutely nothing about the concept of Jury nullification.

What are you supposed to do when you are convinced the Judge is wrong? Or that the "law" in question is wrong?

Unknown said...

I need to slow down and pay attention I guess. I meant for my previous comment to be for the "Jury Instructions in Virgin v. Thomas Available Online" post instead of this one.